These include business plans, financial documents, founder biographies, curriculum vitaes (CV) and other relevant information as required by Alacrity.
The proposed business must demonstrate that it is potentially viable from both a financial and market perspective. Entrepreneurs must have relevant education, experience, and expertise that will support the success of the proposed business in Canada.
Applicants must be able to effectively communicate and work in English or French languages to conduct their business in Canada.
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements established by the Government of Canada for the Startup Visa Program.
Your Business Plan
The entrepreneur should demonstrate early technology validation and/or customer traction.
The proposed business must have access to sufficient working capital to meet its initial needs.
Applicants under the Start-up Visa Program may apply as a single entrepreneur, or as an entrepreneurial team of up to five members.
Each applicant must be an active member of the venture team with at least 10% of the voting rights to qualify. The combination of the applicant and the designated incubator must also hold at least 50% of the voting rights in the proposed venture to qualify.
They will provide you with additional program details and ask you to fill out an online application form. If applicants successfully pass this initial stage, a thorough due diligence consideration of the applicants, their proposed business and business plan is required before formal acceptance by Alacrity.
Please email us below to begin the application process.
Alacrity Shared Services
- Business registration (if required)
- Welcome and doing business in Canada guide
- Basic legal support
- Human resource support
- Initial internal accounting controls setup
- Canadian business address for registration and mail
- Office space for up to two staff in Alacrity’s Victoria office
- Introductions to investors
- Access to local tech events and seminars
- Access to Alacrity Partnerships
- Mentorship, coaching and advisor support
- Investor readiness support
- Marketing support
- Cultural guidance support
- Business development
- Credibility of working with an international foundation
- Potential for government funding support