Our latest podcast series is called “Cleantech Talk”, focusing on the growing cleantech sector. We’ll be talking to CEOs of cleantech startups, as well as advisors and investors, to find out how this exciting space is developing.
In this episode, we’re talking to Dr. Joel Rogers, a senior nuclear physicist and Chief Scientist at Progressive Fusion Solutions in Vancouver. His work contributes to the commercialization of fusion reactors that provide clean, safe, and inexhaustible electricity.
Listen to this episode to hear Joel discuss:
- what “magnetic cusp inertial electrostatic confinement fusion reactors,” also known as Polywell reactors, are and how they work,
- how these reactors differ from the nuclear reactors in use today,
- Polywell patents held by Dr. Rogers and how they help make advancements in the technology,
- how widespread adoption of Polywell could change the energy landscape,
- what Progressive Fusion Solutions hopes to achieve with Polywell in the future.
more from cleantech talk
This series will also feature conversations with:
- Julie Angus of Open Ocean Robotics,
- Devesh Bharadwaj and Dr. Ian MacDonald of Pani Energy,
- Peter van der Gracht of QuantoTech,
- Sam Samida-Pugh of Progressive Fusion Solutions,
- Sean Bourquin of First Light Technologies, and more.
You can listen to these podcasts, and more, on the streaming platforms listed below:
about alacrity canada
Alacrity Canada is a venture builder that supports driven entrepreneurs by connecting them to our global network of expert investors & mentors.
We are currently running a Cleantech Scale-Up Program to help BC clean technology companies drive export revenue and access growth capital from select foreign markets.
For more articles like this, sign up for our newsletter.