We are looking for a full-time Accountant to join our team in Victoria, BC. This role entails supporting the foundation and the various technology startups that we work with. We embrace the innovative and fun aspects of tech culture that often requires thinking outside the box and holding meetings inside of a helicopter (that doesn’t actually fly). Our downtown location is steps away from Victoria’s best restaurants and our building offers plenty of unique amenities: rooftop deck, coffee shop, arcade games, bike storage, showers, and a full-service kitchen.
You must perform all your duties in a proper, reasonable and efficient manner, in accordance with the standards of diligence, skill and care reasonably expected of a duly qualified person in your position and in accordance with generally accepted practices appropriate to those activities. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the performance of the following tasks:
- Cash Flow Management
- AP, AR, invoicing, bookkeeping, accruals, deferrals, prepaids, reconciliations, and various other GL entries
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month‐end and year‐end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Process payroll, manage employee expense reports, manage benefits, complete and process T4s and ROEs
- Help prepare due diligence and board packages investors and board members
- General business, accounting, and finance advisory/mentorship for existing and in-coming companies
- Liaise with external service providers – accountants, lawyers, banks, etc.
- Additional accountant, operational and human resource duties as necessary
- Recent CPA or currently in the program
- Bonus if you have experience using cloud-based software (Xero, Wagepoint, Expensify)
- High level of critical thinking, with the ability to interpret and succinctly communicate findings or ideas to different stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to take ownership and follow through on tasks/projects
We offer competitive compensation, a fun working environment, full health benefits, vacation time and room to grow into multiple areas of our organization.
If you are interested please email a resume and cover letter to Golriz Fattahi at email@example.com