Interview with Peter van der Gracht of QuantoTech
Our latest podcast series is called “Cleantech Talk”, focusing on the growing cleantech sector. We’ll be talking to CEOs of cleantech startups, as well as advisors and investors, to find out how this exciting space is developing.
In this episode, we talk to Peter van der Gracht, chairman and co-founder of QuantoTech. Peter is a serial technology entrepreneur who has successfully launched, financed, operated and sold multiple technology companies. He’s worked in a number of industries, including cable television, telecommunications, broadcasting, information technology, mining, automotive, and agriculture.
Peter has led companies through financings, operational build-outs, acquisitions, mergers, and buy-outs in his over 30 years of experience. He is currently chairman, director, consultant, or investor in over ten companies. He dedicates his time to supporting the growth of innovative startups through other organizations, including our very own Alacrity Foundation.
Listen to this episode to hear Peter discuss:
- similarities and differences between cleantech and other sectors;
- challenges of operating in the cleantech space;
- getting funding for pilot projects;
- QuantoTech’s offerings as an engineering company, supplying energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly lighting to commercial growers;
- how the cleantech space could continue to develop and how Alacrity Canada is working towards helping companies in the space grow;
- the experience of founding a company with his daughter.
More from Cleantech Talk
This series will also feature conversations with:
- Julie Angus of Open Ocean Robotics
- Devesh Bharadwaj and Dr. Ian MacDonald of Pani Energy
- And coming soon – Sam Samida-Pugh of Progressive Fusion Solutions
You can listen to these podcasts, and more, on the streaming platforms listed below:
About Alacrity Canada
Alacrity Canada is a venture builder that supports driven entrepreneurs by connecting them to our global network of expert investors & mentors.
We are currently running a Cleantech Scale-Up Program to help BC clean technology companies drive export revenue and access growth capital from select foreign markets.
For more articles like this, sign up for our newsletter.
- Global Partners
- Portfolio Company
- Tech Hubs
- Venture Capital
What Made 2019 a Memorable Year for Alacrity Canada
Another year is almost over and a new decade is just on the horizon. Here’s a look back at what has made this year a…