HarbourVest guests (Senia Rapisarda & Sophia Maizel) on Between 2 Term Sheets – Episode 10
Episode 10 of Alacrity Canada’s “Between 2 Term Sheets” podcast features a conversation between host Owen Matthews, Senia Rapisarda and Sophia Maizel of HarbourVest.
- The difference between private investments, co-investments and secondary investments
- HarbourVest’s global perspective on funds and funds of funds (FOF)
- What emerging technologies HarbourVest is excited about
- Areas HarbourVest is currently looking to invest in
- What HarbourVest looks at when considering companies for investment
- And more
About Senia & Sophia
- Senia Rapisarda joined HarbourVest in 2014 to focus on partnership and direct co-investments in Canada and to expand HarbourVest’s local presence in the market. Before joining HarbourVest Senia was responsible for establishing a team focused on direct and indirect investments across Canada at BDC Venture Capital. Her previous experience includes positions at Nur Energie in London, London Business School, Nomura International, and Salomon Brothers, among other roles.
- Sophia Maizel joined HarbourVest shortly after Senia launched the first HarbourVest office in Canada (Toronto).She focuses on sourcing, reviewing, executing, monitoring, and reporting on direct co-investments and partnerships, primarily in the Canadian market. Previously she worked at Export Development Canada (EDC) in Ottawa, where she was an associate focused on the evaluation, execution, and monitoring of direct and private equity fund investments.
HarbourVest is an independent, global private markets investment specialist with more than 35 years of experience and more than $50 billion in assets under management. HarbourVest offers clients investment opportunities through primary fund investments, secondary investments, and direct co-investments.The HarbourVest team has been investing in the private markets for over 30 years and has more than 400 employees across Asia, Europe and the Americas. Together they have committed more than $34 billion to newly-formed funds, completed over $19 billion in secondary purchases, and invested over $8 billion directly in operating companies.
About the host – Alacrity Chairman Owen Matthews
Owen joined Wesley Clover as a General Partner in 2004 and has invested in Echosec Systems, Encepta Corp., HYAS, Pretio Interactive, Referral SaaSquatch, Tutela Technologies, and Certn, among others.
Prior to joining Wesley Clover, Owen founded NewHeights Software, a pioneer in enterprise unified communication software which was eventually acquired by CounterPath Corporation.
With his love of tech and creating opportunities for young entrepreneurs, Owen co-founded the Alacrity Foundation. Alacrity provides an intense incubation environment to prepare graduates for entrepreneurship in the tech industry.
Previously on “Between 2 Term Sheets”
Episode 1: Tom Williams (Angel Investor & Founder) and Will Fraser of SaaSquatch
Episode 3: Ben Narashim of NEA
Episode 4: Alex Tong of Information Venture Partners
Episode 5: Certn CEO & Steve Clark of Company Capital
Episode 6: Bruce Croxon of Round13 Capital
Episode 7: Brian Kobus of OMERS Ventures
Episode 8: Randy Garg of Vistara Capital
Episode 9: Sam Haffar of Real Ventures
Never Split the Difference – Interview with FBI Hostage Negotiator and Author Chris Voss
Episode 2 of Season 2 brings us a conversation between host Owen Matthews and Chris Voss, former FBI hostage negotiator, CEO of The Black Swan…
Techstars & Alacrity Canada – Between 2 Term Sheets Season 2 Episode 1
Welcome to season 2 of Alacrity Canada’s podcast: Between 2 Term Sheets. Episode 1 features an inquiry-answering conversation between host Owen Matthews, and Tariq Haddadin,…
Turn the Tables 2019 – Alacrity Canada Investor Event Recap
Alacrity Canada hosted its inaugural Turn the Tables event earlier this month, welcoming 28 companies and 24 investors on our rooftop patio here in Victoria,…